Monday, November 26, 2012

God spoke...

I went in on November 12 and had abdominoplasty surgery to remove the excess skin from my stomach.  I also had a mastoplexy and augmentation mammaplasty done to my breasts.  When I went back in later that week for my postoperative appointment they sent me to the hospital because my stomach looked distended. I got admitted on November 16. My symptoms were different every hour, like A ROLLER COASTER RIDE. One hour I was joking around and feeling good and the next hour I would feel horrible.  My momma’s birthday was November 18 and I felt AWFUL that day.  I had the worst pain and I was in the hospital.  The surgeon that did my gastric bypass was the one who admitted me and I was his patient.  He had done X-rays and Cat scans with dye to try to figure out why I was so distended. He never got a good picture of what he should do with me.  I ended up having emergency bowel obstruction resection surgery that night. The surgeon ended up having to remove a whole foot of my small intestine that some scar tissue from my last C-section had literally choked and it was black and dead. If they had not found this I would have probably died is what I'm told so it’s a big deal.  When I woke up in the ICU after the surgery, my sweet husband was just a boo-hooing over my bed side.  He just kept telling me that I had been through so much and he was so sad.  God gave me a compassionate man. 
The next day when I saw the surgeon he was so pleased to see that I was alive (kind of in a disturbing way for me).  He explained to me that he had no good reason to open me up on the operating table by looking at my symptoms but “God told me to open you up!”.
WHOA! Goosebumps.
GOD told him to open me up and because he did he was able to save my life and give me more life on Earth.  I am floored by this.  God is not done with me.  I feel like I have some massive shoes to fill and I would love it if you would pray with me as I move forwards from this.
I begged the doctors to let me go home the day before thanksgiving but I ended up admitted back in the hospital the very next day because my intestine got aggravated and dilated and I am currently still in the hospital.  Please continue to pray for me and my healing as well as the burden on my family and I will continue to blog what God has put on my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment