Monday, October 22, 2012

Feeling Weighted Down



Prayer works. Our Heavenly Father wants to help you; you just have to ask Him for help.  I am not going to lie, it is hard and it stinks.

I have to constantly check myself and my heart every single day.  The days when I try to resist temptation by myself, I fail miserably.  On the days when I seek God to help me resist temptation, I am pleasantly surprised that He is there!  It gets me every time too when I use the strength of Christ and I have a really great day with moderation and I have kept my diet in balance… it is the sweetest blessing!  I feel great about beating temptation with determination that I found in Christ.

By the time I decided to have gastric bypass, I felt like it really wasn’t an option- it was something I had to do if I didn’t want to die.  I was a busy mother of two babies that were under the age of two. I was weighted down. I never did anything for myself.  My existence was for my children.  I loved my children so much that I was willing to go through this life threatening surgery so that I could be around for them longer.  That was a totally awful mindset to have.  That mindset makes me understand the love God has for me and all of his children, but it was the wrong mindset.   

All of us, especially women, are so caught up with our lives and all the other people in it that we forget to do anything for ourselves… like being healthy.  Your excuse may be that you do not think you are worth it, you do not think you are good enough, or putting everyone else before yourself.  Well, you need to stop it.  You do it for yourself.  Why? Because you want to glorify God with the beautiful temple he has blessed you with.  Your love for the Lord will radiate from you and pour onto others.
 
Everyday we pile things on ourselves that keep us weighted down.  Some of us are working women who carry the stress of our everyday work problems, dishes, laundry, keeping the house clean, our husband and his needs, our children and their needs, keeping up with friends and neighbors, bible study, car pool, PTA, some of us may be getting a degree, feeding everybody and making sure they don’t famish- at my house that is a full time job in itself! Lastly, if you think like I do…  we add your issues and whatever they are.  Mine might be my temptation with food and wanting to over exercise.  You are so weighted down.

God loves you so much that he sent his only son to die for you so that you can have eternal life.  God loves you.  He thinks you are worth it and he wants you to be healthy so that you can live for him and be his legacy.  You are good enough and He wants to see you succeed at being healthy.  When I was finally able to realize what I meant to God and how deep his affection was for me, it changed the way I looked at myself in the mirror.  When God looked at me as his child, he didn’t see the overweight and ugly person that I was disgusted to look at in the mirror.  He saw his gorgeous, stunning, beautiful, and sweet daughter that He was absolutely crazy about.   When I finally wrapped my mind around God’s true feelings about me, I was able to realize that I am worth putting the effort into.  It didn’t happen overnight, but eventually I was able to look into the mirror and see what God sees when he looks at me.   
          
So while we are dealing with our worldly issues, let’s ask for Christ to strengthen us as we deal with the stress of work, home, friends, family, kids, husbands….  And I promise you, you will be pleasantly surprised at how successful you will be when you give your weights of the world to Him and find your strength in Christ.  Beat temptation with determination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment