Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Post.


The first post.  Wowzers.  You can read a short introduction about me by reading my profile.  Let me tell you why I am going to write this blog, I think that will make for an amazing first blog post.  Good start anyways, hopefully.  I lost A LOT of weight.  A LOT.  Like a whole person.  There is no way I could have done that, even with the surgery, in the amount of time that it took me.  It was all Jesus and I knowthat sounds crazy.  I know it does, because it still sounds crazy to me sometimes.  So, I think Jesus wants me to share this story and that is why he gave me this journey.  I went to a Dot Mom conference in Birmingham, AL last September to meet Angela Thomas and hear her speak because I had just read an older book that she had written and it changed the way I viewed my relationship with God and myself.  So, while I am there I share with another mom a little bit about my weight loss journey.  She said, “You are so selfish!”…  I gave her the craziest look like ‘Excuse me?  Come again?’ She saw the look of ‘oh my goodness gracious’ in my eyes and clarified by saying, “You are selfish if you do not share this story that God has given you with other women.  It is so inspirational.”  My original feelings about this statement were to laugh out loud and possibly end up crying due to laughing so hard.  I am not inspirational.  That statement is correct, but in the days after that event I heard God confirming to me that what He did in my life would be found inspirational to other people and I could inspire them to search for Him to gain perseverance.  It still boggles my mind that this is the path He has been leading me down.  So, I am in the process of writing a book about how I found motivation and used the strength of Jesus Christ to reach my weight loss goals instead of using my own strength.  My future publishers have told me that I need to write a blog and start telling the world about this… so here I am!  This blog is not going to have much to do with my journey of losing the majority of my weight, but my every day struggles to stay strong, lose the last bit of my weight, and not find my satisfaction in the world but in Him.  I invite you to laugh and cry with me while I blog about these adventures. 
“Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?  You are not your own; you were bought at a price.  Therefore honor God with your body.” 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment